Tonsillitis Treatment in Ayurveda
How do you cope with Tonsillitis?
What is Tonsillitis?
Tonsillitis is an inflammation of the tonsils classified as a respiratory tract illness. Even though it is a common ailment, it should be treated as soon as possible. Ayurveda treatment in Kerala offers a therapy for Tonsillitis that is natural and comprehensive. Tonsils are spherical lumps of lymph tissues located below the tongue. They keep diseased or hazardous substances from getting into the throat. Tonsillitis is a disorder in which the tonsils become swollen and inflamed. If this situation is allowed to progress, the toxins generated from the infection enter the bloodstream and contaminate the heart’s internal parts. Chronic Tonsillitis can cause heart and stomach difficulties and rheumatic fever and nephritis. There is numerous Tonsillitis Treatment in Ayurveda in Kerala that helps cure the disease of its origin.
What could be the causes and symptoms of Tonsillitis?
There can be several reasons for Tonsillitis, and it varies according to age and gender. Some common causes are discussed below:
● An infection is caused by bacteria or viruses, such as Streptococcal Haemolyticus bacteria.
● A dry cough that never stops.
● Excessive use of condiments, spices, and astringent and pungent foods.
● Throat infections that recur regularly.
● Repeated exposure to cold or heat or the use of cold beverages such as iced water.
The symptoms of Tonsillitis can be different from its causes. Some common symptoms are:
● Tonsils enlargement
● Peak fever
● Ear pain, especially around the diseased tonsils
● Throat ache, difficulty swallowing
● A change in voice or difficulty speaking
Ayurveda treatment for Tonsillitis
Ayurveda is safe and does not have side effects like other medicines, and this is the main reason most people prefer Ayurveda. In Ayurveda, Tonsillitis is referred to as Galaayu. Tonsil inflammation and infections are thought by Ayurveda to be a sign of sickness in old ages, but nowadays, this disease is prevalent in all ages. The Ayurvedic therapy for Galaayu or Tonsillitis is treating and strengthening the immune system to reduce the danger of infection in the future. Ayurveda recognizes the uniqueness of each individual and treats them accordingly. Ayurveda believes that addressing the fundamental cause of an ailment is the best way to prevent it from recurring. Tonsillitis is treated in Ayurvedic medicine in the following ways.
● Applying dry Alum powder to the infected region or gargling with purified/saline alum.
● Chronic Tonsillitis is treated with AgastyaRasayana. It’s taken twice a day for six months with honey.
● To keep the neck warm, keep it covered at all times.
● Tonsillitis can be treated with a paste produced from a mixture of YashtiMadhu, and Vacha powders combined with honey.
● Early on in the infection, gargle with water that has been cooked with fenugreek seeds.
● Keeping the Khadiradi dose in your mouth and carefully chewing it six times a day might benefit.
● Spicy foods, acidic beverages, and sour foods such as buttermilk and curd should all be avoided.
● Boil Viola odorata or Banapuhsha flower in 50ml of water, and it should be combined with 200ml milk. It’s best to consume the mixture while it’s still hot.
Some specific Ayurveda treatments for Tonsillitis
1. Sphatika is a form of quartz crystal that is used in the treatment of Tonsillitis in Ayurveda. It is antiseptic and astringent. Sphatika powder, purified, is administered to the tonsils that are infected. It may also be taken internally by mixing 1 gram of powder with 1 cup of lukewarm water.
2. AgastyaRasayana – This herbal remedy is recommended for persons suffering from acute Tonsillitis. One teaspoon of this mixture combined with honey should be taken twice a day.
3. Khadiradi – These tonsil ayurvedic medicines should be taken regularly for around a month.
4. Kulanjana, YashtiMadhu, and Vacha powder should be combined with honey and swallowed.
Tonsillitis can be treated by maintaining good cleanliness, resting the throat until the infection is gone, and taking prescribed medications. To prevent Tonsillitis from returning, children should not ingest foods that might induce tonsil inflammation.
Some home remedies for Tonsillitis
Tonsillitis can be treated at home with the aid of some of the home treatments described below:
1. Tonsillitis can be relieved by using a hot fomentation method.
2. Fenugreek Seeds – Gargling with fenugreek seeds every day is effective for Tonsillitis.
3. Vegetable Juices – A 3:1:1 blend of raw vegetable juices of carrot, beet, and cucumber is particularly beneficial for tonsillitis cure home remedies.
4. Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day.
5. Cut a lemon into two slices and mix with salt and black pepper. Put some salt and black pepper on one of the pieces. Squeeze it with a blade now to let the salt-pepper permeate the lime. Put the lemon on it to help it warm up. Using your fingers, gradually lick this lemon, pushing it until no juice remains. You can repeat this process a few times day by day.
Best prevention and lifestyle habits to prevent Tonsillitis
● To avoid illness, wash your hands thoroughly and regularly, especially after using the restroom and before eating.
● Food, drinking glasses, and utensils should not be shared.
● After being diagnosed with Tonsillitis, replace your toothbrush to assist your child from spreading a bacterial or viral illness to others.
● Avoid acidic beverages and spicy foods – Avoid acidic beverages and spicy foods since they might irritate your throat. Curds, buttermilk, and fried dishes are among the sour foods to avoid.
● It would be best to stick to a liquid diet that is easy to swallow.
● Reduce the amount of time you talk to allow your throat to rest.
● If you’re a smoker, you should quit right now.
● Cover your nose and mouth to avoid illness while walking through a polluted region.
Tonsillitis can be prevented using different methods, but the foremost method one should consider is avoiding touching or contacting an infected person and adding your diet with Ayurvedic products to boost your body immunity. “Prevention is always better than cure”.
1. What is the traditional Ayurvedic treatment for tonsils?
AgastyaRasayana: This herbal remedy is recommended for persons suffering from acute Tonsillitis. One teaspoon of this mixture combined with honey should be taken twice a day.
Khadiradi – These tonsil ayurvedic medicines should be taken regularly for around a month.
2.Is giloy effective in the treatment of Tonsillitis?
Giloy is one of the effective methods to treat cold and coughs from pollution, smoke, or pollen. It helps in the treatment of colds and tonsillitis. It’s also the best herb for boosting immunity. There are numerous benefits of Giloy which is an ayurvedic product.