Post-Covid treatment with Ayurveda
How do you cope with Covid?
Covid 19 had a global influence unlike anything else in recent years. Studies on a large database of afflicted persons were undertaken, highlighting the need for post-COVID care, which mostly consists of maintaining one’s lifestyle. Because Ayurveda has long been a science of good living, post-COVID treatment with Ayurveda has acquired a lot of attraction. The Ayurvedic treatment for post-Covid in Kerala is popular due to its efficacy and remedial benefits.
COVID-19 can cause long-term disease and discomfort in young individuals and those with no underlying medical issues and who have not been hospitalized. There is currently scant evidence of post-COVID consequences, and further study is needed and being explored. All post-COVID recovering patients require a holistic approach to follow-up treatment and well-being. Ayurvedic treatment after Covid 19 in Kerala can help improve the health condition that deteriorates with this disease.
Diet plays a critical part in the treatment of Post COVID-19. It should be Shadrasa (complete with all six flavors) and include ginger, turmeric, pepper, cinnamon, Amla (Indian gooseberry), and mint to increase immunity.
Shamana, in the form of Brimhanachikitsa, can be used to restore the function of Tridosha, in addition to SatvavajayaChikitsa (ayurvedic psychotherapy), Sadvritta, and AcharaRasayana (behavioral therapy). These are non-pharmacological approaches targeted at maintaining mental health. Yogasana and pranayama with AcharaRasayana are beneficial for mental stability when practiced regularly.
Some herbs to treat after-effects of post covid situation
Various herbs and herbomineral pharmaceuticals, including Rasayana drugs, play a critical role in the post-COVID-19 period, and herbomineral drugs, in particular, need low doses due to the drug’s faster effect, ease of administration, and ability to serve as a Rasayana with high strength. Gold-containing herbometallic formulation Bhasma is important for overall efficacy. Research has shown that herbo-metallic formulations containing gold bhasma can help control antigen-specific immune responses because gold nanoparticles have immunomodulatory, free radical scavenging, antistress, analgesic, and antioxidant capabilities. Various herbs and herbomineral pharmaceuticals, including Rasayana drugs, play a critical role in the post-COVID-19 period, and herbomineral drugs, in particular, need low doses due to the drug’s faster effect, ease of administration, and ability to serve as a Rasayana with high strength. Gold-containing herbometallic formulation Bhasma is important for overall efficacy. Research has shown that herbo-metallic formulations containing gold bhasma can help control antigen-specific immune responses because gold nanoparticles have immunomodulatory, free radical scavenging, antistress, analgesic, and antioxidant capabilities.
These five purification methods must be used to manage body systems and organs that may be compromised.
● Deepana and AmaPachana for respiratory disorders — This treatment regulates the metabolism and digestive system. Abhyanga and swedana (Oil Massage + Steam Bath) – Aids in body renewal and the elimination of toxins via the skin. Purify the body by eliminating the doshas by Vamana (Emesis)/ Virechana (Purgation).
● Agni Deepana and AmaPachana for neurological conditions – Agni Deepana and AmaPachana are used for correcting the metabolism and digestive system. Udvartana is a powder massage or whole-body massage with medicated powder and Basti according to the prevailing condition. This massage is done in Karma, Kala and Yoga Basti with SnehaBasti and KashayaBasti and Shirodhara, Ksheeradhara or Kashayadhara.
● PatraPindaSwedana/ ShastikaShalipindasweda/ Ksheeradhara for musculoskeletal conditions – This treatment is used to strengthen the muscles and regain the lost strength.
● SnehaNasya with Anutaila or Ksheerabalataila is used for irritation, drowsiness, and psychological disorders including depression. Shirodhara is one of the methods to calm vitiated doshas and improve the nervous system’s efficiency. Abhyanga / Pizhichil (Oil Massage) is also used in this process.
● Cardiac conditions – Urovasti, Shirodhara, Kashayadhara or Ksheeradhara, Abhyanga (Oil Massage), or Pizhichil, are used for cardiac problems.
According to the Ministry of AYUSH, physicians must choose effective classical medicines based on their clinical judgment, appropriateness, availability, and regional preferences. The dose may be changed depending on the patient’s age, weight, and illness stage. The Ministry also recommended Ashwagandha, Chyawanprash, or RasayanaChurna for post-COVID-19 care to prevent lung problems such as fibrosis, weariness, and mental health. Yoga Protocol has also been included in the ministry’s list of post-COVID-19 treatments (including care for COVID-19 patients) to enhance pulmonary function and lung capacity, reduce stress and anxiety and increase mucociliary clearance. Yoga with pranayama might be a simple, effective, and inexpensive home-based practice for COVID-19 prevention and post-recovery treatment, as well as a beneficial tool for raising awareness and limiting the spread of this dreadful disease.
All post-COVID recovering patients require a holistic approach to follow-up treatment and well-being. In chronic sickness and young people and children without underlying chronic medical issues, effective postCOVID-19 treatment is required. The use of an adequate regimen is required for the control of the post covid risk.
1. What are some of the signs and symptoms of having a lengthy COVID-19?
In recovering patients, long covid or covidsequelae might arise. The most common symptoms recorded are fatigue or muscular weakness, dyspnea, joint pain and chest discomfort, sleep issues, tension or depression, and a decreased quality of life.
2. Who is at a higher risk of being very ill due to COVID-19?
People over the age of 65 and those with underlying medical conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are at a higher risk of developing a serious illness.
3. What are some of the mental health results of the COVID-19 pandemic?
Bereavement, solitude, loss of income, and fear can cause or exacerbate mental health problems. Many people may be suffering an increase in alcohol and drug consumption, as well as insomnia and anxiety. On the other side, COVID-19 has been associated with neurological and mental health problems such as psychosis, agitation, and stroke. SARS-CoV-2 infection is more likely in those who have pre-existing mental, neurological, or substance-abusing diseases, and they are at a higher risk of severe effects, including death.