Ayurvedic Treatment for Backpain
How do you cope with Backpain?
A brief overview on what is back pain or backache
Back pain and spine-related disorders are a category of ailments becoming more widespread over time. The increased incidence can be attributed to various factors such as weight gain, a sedentary lifestyle, poor posture, excessive sitting or standing and so on. The Ayurvedic treatment for back pain in Kerala is developing, attracting most of the tourism around the world. Some of the studies reveal that back pain is one of the common pain disorders found among people worldwide. Atleast 70 per cent of people suffer from back pain or other spine-related problems in their lives. It occurs when the flexibility of spines are compromised. The spine is a part of a human skeleton called the backbone or human vertebral column, extending from the skull to low back. The weight-bearing vertebrae support the upper body and offer postures allowing movement and flexibility and protects the spinal cord. The spinal cord pain restricts activities, decrease work capacity and turns life into misery.
Some common causes of back pain are: muscle spasms, sprain, strain, slipped disc, lumbar spondylosis, facetarthropathy, Sacroiliitis, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoporosis and trauma. Some other reasons for back pain are pelvic inflammatory disease (cervicitis, inflammation in the cervix or mouth of the uterus), renal calculi (stones in the urinary tract) and chronic cystitis (inflammation in the urinary bladder). The Ayurvedic treatment for back pain in Kerala helps remove the pain from its roots and won’t allow it to reappear again.
Diagnosis of back pain
To arrive at an appropriate diagnosis, the doctor will take a complete history of the symptoms, do a thorough physical examination, and order any required investigations. A personalised treatment plan will be created based on the diagnosis and other patient characteristics.
Back discomfort can also be caused by the patient’s type of employment and the patient’s sitting position at work. The Ayurveda doctor will request thorough information about the patient’s lifestyle, food preferences, daily travel details, etc. Patients will be questioned about previous injuries related to spine discomfort. The initial incidence of the present problem must be validated to determine how long the problem will last. In addition, the patient might offer any additional pertinent information that can help with the treatment. A detailed report on the individual, family history, and other pertinent information will be provided. Based on the findings, the therapy will be finalized.
Kerala Ayurvedic Treatment for Back Pain
Herbal massages, Ayurvedic medicine, yoga, and other rigorous food programmes are used in Kerala Ayurvedic therapy for back pain to strengthen the bones and muscles. The Ayurveda therapy for back pain, known as Kati shoola, is determined by the body’s dosha predominance and the underlying reason. Panchakarma treatments, herbal decoctions, external herbal pack applications, and a few dietary suggestions are treatment approaches.
Some of the ayurvedic treatments are:
● Abhyanga- Abhyanga is a warm oil massage performed all over the body with a concentration on the lower back. This form of therapy will re-energize bodily cells.
● Swedana- Toxins will be sweated out and expelled from the body by using herbal steam.
● DhanyamlaDhara- Ayurvedic treatment has a special characteristic called DhanyamlaDhara. A warm herbal liquid will be placed over the afflicted region as part of this technique.
● Podikizhi- is a massage that uses powdered herbs wrapped in a cotton rag. This is a crucial aspect of ayurvedic back pain therapy.
● Elakizhi— This treatment employs leaves with Vata-balancing qualities. Elakizhi is applied to the patient’s body, causing them to sweat.
● Pizhichil- Pizhichil is a squeezing massage that combines oil and heat therapy. Depending on the severity of the illness, pizhichi will be performed for 7 to 21 days.
● Vasti- is a technique for removing doshas from the body. Toxins will be expelled by delivering special herbal medications into the body through the anus or vaginal canal.
● Njavarakizhi- This ayurvedic back pain therapy involves the use of medicated rice. The therapy will aid in the relaxation of stiff muscles, the relief of pain, and the improvement of blood circulation.
● Kati Vasti – As part of Kati Vasti, a lukewarm herbal medicinal oil will be applied to the lumbosacral region for a length of time.
● Pichu- The damaged region is wrapped in a thick layer of cotton material. Warm medicinal oil will be soaked into the cloth. The oil will be changed regularly.
Treatment plans are created based on the patient’s specific needs, such as the severity and form of the ailment. Depending on the individual’s circumstances, ayurvedic treatment methods might last anywhere from 3 to 4 weeks to achieve optimum healing during the treatment period. The patient’s recovery might be accelerated if the physicians and medical personnel provide the best possible treatment. Depending on the patient’s development, adjustments to treatment procedures may be necessary. The Ayurveda physicians’ experience will also determine the effectiveness of Ayurveda therapy for back pain. The doctor must accurately examine the patient’s health, the type of the body, and the severity of the lower back pain. The doctor’s assessment will be the sole factor in determining the treatment procedure. Before prescribing therapy to the patient, the doctors discuss the course and type of the treatment with the rest of the team.
A key takeaway
Do you have back pain that isn’t responding to traditional treatments? With natural formulas and competent practitioners, Ayurveda therapies can help you find comfort.
1. What is the most effective Ayurvedic treatment for muscular pain?
Some incredible Ayurvedic Muscle Cramp Treatments:
1. Shunthi (Dry Ginger Powder)
2. Snehana (Oil Therapy)
4. Swedana (Heat Induction treatment)
5. Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
2. What is the best way to tell whether my back discomfort is serious?
Meet your doctor if you have Pain, discomfort, weakness, or numbness that comes on suddenly.
The ability to control one’s bladder is lost.
A high temperature is seen.
The weight reduction is unexplainable.
The discomfort is caused by a fall or a serious hit to the back.
3.Is heat beneficial for back pain?
Heat therapy is an excellent back pain treatment because it improves circulation, allowing nutrients and oxygen to reach joints and muscles. This circulation aids in the regeneration of injured muscles, reducing inflammation, and alleviating back stiffness. Back pain can be relieved with any heat treatment.