Neck Pain Treatment in Ayurveda
How do you cope with Neck Pain?
What is neck pain?
Any discomfort in the neck region, including the muscles, nerves, bones, and discs between the bones, is referred to as neck pain. Although neck pain is felt in the neck, it can be caused by various issues, such as muscle tightness in the neck and upper back, nerve pinching, and disturbed joints in the neck and upper back. There are different types of neck pain treatment in Ayurveda in Kerala. Acute neck discomfort is common, and it normally goes away within a few days. If your neck pain lasts longer than three months, it might be chronic. Neck discomfort is referred to as Manyastambha in Ayurveda, and it is one of the vatavyadhi (Vatadosha-related disorders) caused by vatadosha aggravation. When the exacerbated vata infiltrates the neck muscles, it produces muscular stiffness, neck immobility, and discomfort.
Many diverse spinal issues might cause this neck discomfort. On a more basic level, neck pain can be caused by muscle stiffness in the neck and the upper back, or it can be produced by the pinching of the nerve in the cervical area. It’s also possible that you have cervical spondylosis or spondylitis. Joints might cause this discomfort in the neck and upper back. The Ayurvedic treatment for neck pain in Kerala is the pack of natural herbs that removes the pain from the root cause.
Causes of Neck Pain
A variety of factors can cause neck discomfort. These factors can range from basic stiffness due to overwork to more significant issues, including brain disorders. Here’s a quick rundown of the most common reasons for neck pain.
● Dissection of the Carotid Artery (the artery carrying blood to the brain)
● Coronary Artery Disease causes pain.
● Head and neck cancer.
● Upper respiratory infection.
● Herniated Disc in the Spine
● Disc Buldge with Pinched Nerves
● Spinal stenosis.
● Physical and mental stress are both sources of stress.
● Longer postures entail sitting in the same position for several hours, such as watching a movie or reading a book.
So, if you’re avoiding neck discomfort by rubbing some silly-magical-refreshing-pain-relieving lotions on your neck, STOP!! Ensure you get a comprehensive and accurate diagnosis of the problem because the discomfort might be nothing to worry about, or it could be a major concern.
Ayurveda Treatment for Neck Pain
The causes behind the cause of neck pain are first identified in ayurvedic treatment, and the discomfort is then treated properly. It provides concrete alternatives to operations and other procedures such as epidural injections. This condition can be permanently cured with Ayurvedic therapy. External treatments such as Greevabasti, abhyangam, kizhi, and others are used. In addition to a therapeutic diet and regimen and internal medications. As a result, Ayurveda can eliminate neck discomfort. Rasnairandadikashaya, YogarajaGuggulu, and SahacharadiKashaya are some of the most efficient Ayurvedic medications for neck discomfort. In cervical spondylosis, several Ayurvedic medicines work as a sedative. Bala (Sidacordifolia), Amalaki (EmblicaOfficinalis), castor root (Ricinuscommunis) Gambhari (GmelinaArborea) and Shunthi (ginger), are some herbal plants.
● MriduShodhana (mild purgation) – This method is also known as MriduShodhana. A combination of milk or Cassia fistula fruit pulp and castor oil is used in this treatment.
● GreevaBasti – A black gram paste is applied to the back of the neck to help retain the medications. Several therapeutic oils, such as Ksheerbala oil, are heated, and the compound then aids in the retention of this oil for a while. When heated oil is administered to the affected region, it aids in disc herniation treatment. The feeding of the disc cartilage is enhanced, and the tissues’ deterioration is halted.
● Guggulu: SimhanaadhaGuggulu is an Ayurvedic remedy for neck ache made from the resin of the Guggulu plant.
Several ayurvedic therapy techniques can assist you not only receive relief from neck and shoulder discomfort and reduce the pain of cervical spondylosis.
So why not talk to an Ayurveda specialist and receive the proper therapy for the right type of assistance?
Ayurvedic Herbs for Neck Pain Treatment
Ayurvedic medicines are well-known for their ability to relieve neck discomfort. When they are ingested or administered to the afflicted region, they might provide Spondylosis patients with unexpected effects.
Prishniparni (Urariapicta), Withaniasomnifera (Withaniasomnifera), Guggulu (CommiphoraMukul), Shunthi (Ginger), Bala (Sidacardifolia), Amalaki (EmblicaOfficinalis), Gambhari (GmelinaArborea), Shallaki (BosweliaSerrata), Rasna (Pluchealanceolata), Castor root (Ricin communis) are ayurvedic herbs.
1. Which Ayurvedic medication is best for neck pain?
Abhyangaswedam, Elakizhi, Nasyam, Shirovasti or Shirodhara, Sarvangadhara, Greevavasti, Navarakizhi, Pizhichil are part of Ayurveda Panchakarma therapies for treating cervical spondylosis. It helps reduce pain, inflammation, and stiffness in the muscles and ligaments of the neck and enhance the flexibility of the neck bone joints.
2. Which Dosha is responsible for neck pain?
Neck discomfort is referred to in Ayurveda as Manyastambha, which is one of the vatavyadhi (Vatadosha-related diseases) induced by vatadoshaaggravation. When the exacerbated vata infiltrates the neck muscles, it produces muscular stiffness, neck immobility, and discomfort.
3.Is turmeric milk effective in the treatment of cervical spondylosis?
Turmeric is another common treatment for cervical spondylosis due to its anti-inflammatory effects. Turmeric also improves blood circulation, which helps to relieve muscular stiffness and soreness. In a glass of milk, combine 1 teaspoon turmeric powder with honey. Drink it 2 times daily.